Sunday, May 13, 2007

The one game youth movement

First things first: Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there -- and since it's all dudes joining the discussions on this site, that means Happy Mother's Day to all of your moms.

Naturally, I thought there would be no better way to celebrate mother's day than to take my wife and son to game four of the Giants-Rockies series in Denver. I know what you're thinking, and the answer is, yes, I'm a thoughtful, thoughtful man. While my son is not going to have the opportunity to watch Barry Bonds today, he will have the opportunity to see the youngest lineup the Giants have started since, well, I can't really remember. Kevin Frandsen (24), Fred Lewis (26), Eliezar Alfonzo (28), Dan Ortmeier (26) and Matt Cain (22) all will be in the starting lineup today.

Last night at the yard: Not much to say about last night's bla fest. Barry Zito was rocked in the first inning, allowing four runs before people could take their seats. We all know about the Barry Zito Four Run Rule, so giving up four runs in the first inning was kind of a death wish for the insanely rich lefty.

No comments: